Sandvik Mining – Heatherbrae
LIGHTING | INDUSTRIAL
$67,000 + GST
470 tonnes CO2
Industrial lighting contributed approximately 51% of the site’s electrical consumption. The relatively new site was looking at ways to reduce its fixed costs.
We identified the opportunity to reduce the total cost of ownership for the site’s lighting and carbon footprint by replacing the existing High Bays, Low Bays and Flood Lights using Induction and LED technology:
- 334 x 200W Induction High Bay Lights (replacing 400W units)
- 128 x 150W Induction Low Bay Lights (replacing 400W units)
- 29 x 90W LED Flood Lights (replacing 400W units)
- The total site’s electricity costs were reduced by approximately 30%
- This resulted in savings of over $67,000 + GST per annum
- NSW IPART ESC’s provided partial funding of approximately $200,000 + GST
- The Induction technology has dramatically improved maintenance intervals.
We are very pleased with the final outcome of this upgraded lighting project; lowered carbon footprint, lowered maintenance cost, lowered energy cost and increased light levels. The project Energy & Carbon Solutions undertook was turnkey and the entire teams approach to safety and their professionalism throughout the process made for a successful project. We have no hesitation in working with or recommending Energy & Carbon Solutions in the future.Stephen Brown